How to Play the Don't Pass Bar in Casino Craps
- 1). Know that a Don't Pass bet means you are betting against the shooter. In craps, a shooter's first roll is known as his "come out roll." On this roll, you want the shooter to roll a two or three. If he does, you will win your Don't Pass bet.
- 2). Place your bet on the Don't Pass bar prior to a shooter's come out roll. If the shooter has already completed her first roll, you cannot bet on the Don't Pass bar. This bet is known as a self-service one, meaning you can put the chips on the Don't Pass bar yourself.
- 3). Be aware that you will win your Don't Pass bet if the shooter rolls a two or three on his come out roll. If the shooter rolls a 12, you will neither win nor lose. This is known as a "push" and you will get to simply keep your original bet.
- 4). Remove your money from the Don't Pass line, if you wish, provided the shooter rolls a point on his initial roll. While you can't place a bet on the Don't Pass line after the come out roll, you can remove your bet if the shooter rolls a point. If you do not remove your bet and the shooter rolls the same point again, you will lose your bet. If you leave your bet on the Don't Pass line and the shooter rolls a seven, you will win.
- 5). Know that you cannot raise your Don't Pass bet after the come out roll. Whatever amount of money you put down initially is what has to remain after the dice has been rolled. This is because the odds are now in your favor rather than the casino's favor.