How to Call to Ducks with a Feed Chuckle
- 1). Break the stream of air that you force through the duck call with the tip of your tongue, according to GundogsOnline. Make the single cut chuckle by using your tongue to break up a sound similar to "ti-ca" or "tu-ca."
- 2). Break the stream of air first with the tip of your tongue and then with the back of your tongue to perform the double cut chuckle. Your tongue should perform a rocking motion to create the two breaks or cuts in the call. Crisp movements of your tongue will produce crisp and sharp sounds similar to the natural sounds of a duck.
- 3). Monitor the sounds made by other ducks in the area. The best duck call is one that sounds as close as possible to sounds made by the local ducks.
- 4). Make long strings of call sounds while the ducks are far away. As they approach the blind, cut back to sets of four or five repetitions of each sound.
- 5). Perform the feed chuckle, and any other duck calls, with one hand. In hunting situations, having one hand on your call and one hand on your gun may be the best approach for the greatest hunting success.